MRPL has launched the start-up vehicle to promote promising start-ups and nurture an eco-system conducive for innovations to be developed as business model. This initiative will support projects which aim to establish innovative technology and business process re-engineering ideas which are sustainable, support employment and protect environment. Further under the scheme, MRPL is committed
- To support and fund projects in the area energy sector that aim to pursue an innovative idea, by promoting the creation of new start-ups / early start-ups leading to commercialization / business development.
- To support entrepreneurs or projects or business models with commercial potential to eventual commercialization / implementation.
- To provide support for disruptive technologies.
- To catalyze collaborative research.
- To develop a vibrant, innovative ecosystem.
- To nurture technological innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- To encourage promotion of startups in rural areas and technology with a rural orientation.
Following are broad topics and themes / indicative ideas related to primary energy, specifically in the areas of petroleum refining and alternate energy will be supported
- Automation / Robotics in hydrocarbon scenario.
- Development of Business Analytics.
- Business process / re-engineering software / IT related and logistics related development.
- Cost Optimization solution - Storage / Logistics / Usage / Packaging.
- Development of device for cracks / leak detection in pipelines.
- Gas / liquid leak detection and protection system.
- Improved Asset Utilization.
- Innovative scheme for zero effluent in refineries.
- Innovative storage solution - Energy, Petroleum Products, Lubes, Base Oils.
- Inventory Management - Crude and Petroleum Products.
- Low cost fuel quality monitoring and onsite detection device/s.
- Low Cost Model for Waste to Energy.
- Low cost on-site lube condition monitoring techniques.
- Low cost process for desalination of sea water.
- Manufacturing of biofuels including Ethanol.
- Manufacturing of Nano Materials / Catalysts / Chemicals
- New applications with refinery streams.
- Replacing the heat source in refineries by renewables.
- Reduction in emissions.
- Innovative waste disposal.
- Other open areas related to petroleum refining and alternate energy.